[Development] Raising the minimum to C++20

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Thu May 4 09:52:47 CEST 2023

On 04.05.23 00:39, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> And yet, the list of things we want from C++20 is not that big. It's nowhere
> as complex as C++11 and I'd argue that even the 17 upgrade for Qt 6.0 was a
> bigger jump. Unless we add concepts to the list, but I don't think we can
> until we've experimented with it for a while.

Coroutines will put async APIs upside down. It's a pretty dramatic shift
in how you write async code and Qt as a large provider of async APIs is
going to be strongly affected.

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B