[Development] About the timeline and phases to support C++20 with and in Qt

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Thu May 4 10:11:03 CEST 2023

Thiago Macieira (3 May 2023 19:20) wrote:
> I don't see us adopting Modules any time soon, not even for the 6.9
> release. It's not well supported *today*.

Also, they're a radical change to how source is organised and it "might
not be a bad idea" to wait until the C++ world has developed some common
practices in how to use them, and maybe even some best practices, so
that however we go about using them can conform to the latter as far as
is compatible with the former.  That won't happen until support has been
commonplace for long enough for (preferably other) people to make the
mistakes that will establish the antipatterns that will inform the
development of both common and best practices.

	Eddy.