[Development] Raising the minimum to C++20

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:12:08 CEST 2023

Hi!

On Fri, 5 May 2023 at 07:19, Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
> I don't see any of these as worth breaking embedded users who want new
> Qt versions but don't yet
> have the compilers that can give them these facilities.

Well, my experience with Yocto and Qt 6 has so far been:

- A pain that you can't mix meta-qt5 and meta-qt6. You wouldn't
imagine how that could have helped speed up things. Why? If you want
to try both you need to have separate images for each of them, so
either having two boards or reflashing one for each version. And two
separate Yocto builds.
- meta-qt6 is still buggy. Note I am not talking about boot2qt but
just using the Qt 6 layer in a normal Yocto way. Example:
QTBUG-113372: QT_HOST_PATH not set in SDK.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/