[Development] Quick report on loading Qt 5 and 6 in the same process

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 16 21:12:36 CEST 2023

On Monday, 15 May 2023 21:23:21 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> We still don't know why this happened because all our attempts
> to find out why cause the problem to disappear.

BTW, we found that the user's application was linking against
libKF5NetworkManagerQt, not KF6, because they were using an intermediary
version of that library, between the addition of the support for Qt 6, but
before the library renaming. So when the process was launched in production,
it found the system libKF5NetworkManagerQt and that loaded Qt 5.

Clearly there were more changes than just the QProcess launch and the problem
disappearing with any environment variable being set. That "launch in
production" was an important part of the symptom that the reported neglected
to mention for three days...