[Development] Commercial-only Qt 6.5 LTS phase starts: Closing the 6.5 branch(es) on 18th October 2023

Tarja Sundqvist tarja.sundqvist at qt.io
Wed Oct 18 10:07:39 CEST 2023

Hi,

With Qt 6.6.0 released and the first patch release (Qt 6.6.1) coming at November, it is time to enter the commercial-only LTS phase for Qt 6.5 LTS. All existing 6.5 branches remain publicly visible, but they are closed for new commits and cherry-picks. The exception is the Qt WebEngine, which has a 3rd party LGPL dependency.

Closing happens today, 18th of October 2023. After this, the cherry-picks go to another repository that will be available only for the commercial license holders.

The first commercial-only Qt 6.5.4 LTS patch release is planned to be released at the end of November.

The external module maintainers will have access to the Qt 6.5 commercial-only repositories. If you notice that you don’t have access even if you should have, please contact me (tarja.sundqvist at qt.io<mailto:tarja.sundqvist at qt.io>) as I am the release manager for the commercial-only LTS releases.

Best regards,
Tarja Sundqvist
Release manager