[Development] Change to QUIP 7

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Tue Sep 5 12:55:19 CEST 2023

Hi,

we'd like to change the format of qt_attribution.json files a tiny bit.
Currently, the Copyright key takes a string as value, and for
readability purposes we used invalid JSON like this:

     "Copyright": "Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 CodeFactory AB
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005 Red Hat, Inc."

We would like to allow string arrays as value of this key to make the
JSON files valid:

     "Copyright": [
         "Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 CodeFactory AB",
         "Copyright (C) 2004, 2005 Red Hat, Inc."
     ]

The change to QUIP 7 is here:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/meta/quips/+/500993
and this email is the invitation of the community for discussion.

Cheers,

Joerg