[Development] qSwap (was: Re: C++20 comparisons @ Qt (was: Re: C++20 @ Qt))

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Wed Sep 20 21:09:22 CEST 2023

On 20.09.23 19:03, Ivan Solovev via Development wrote:
>  > We did _not_ deprecate qSwap().
>
> Well, the source code shows that it _is_ deprecated:
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/global/qswap.qdoc
[...]
> I was not able to find a documentation page for qSwap in Qt 6.5,
> but here's the link to 6.2:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-6.2/qtalgorithms-obsolete.html#qSwap
Thanks. This happens when one only ever looks at the source, not the docs...

Looks like this was mass-deprecated with all the other QtAlgorithms for
Qt 5, and no-one looked twice. We can only deprecate it come C++20, when
we can steer people towards std::ranges::swap() instead.

Will un-deprecate and pour some TLC over it.

Thanks,
Marc

PS: Looks like our IT made our Outlook wrap URLs in some wrapper that
Thunderbird complains about. Sorry for the annoyance, everyone :(

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B