[Development] C++20 comparisons @ Qt (was: Re: C++20 @ Qt)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 21 02:22:44 CEST 2023

On Wednesday, 20 September 2023 02:53:37 PDT Volker Hilsheimer via Development
wrote:
> If we can have (1), i.e.
>
> using Qt::equals;
> equals(a, b);
>
> why do we need qEquals?

See my other email: the (1) is not discoverable, teachable, or particularly
understandable by average C++ developers. It is not a good corner of C++.

(4) (the convenience function) is what users expect. Except that we don't need
it to be called qEquals, because we have an even better name for it:

operator==