[Development] [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Re: Removing Qt 3D from release configuration in dev branch

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 8 18:20:06 CEST 2024

On Monday 8 April 2024 09:57:55 CDT Volker Hilsheimer via Development wrote:
> - follow up on submodule updates and make necessary adjustments to Qt 3D to
> follow up on changes in other modules
> - decide if/how to “release” Qt 3D;
> branching and tagging and making it easy to build from source might be good
> enough

I think the second bullet follows from the first: if nothing changed since the
last release, then no new release is required, because it means the old
version compiles and works.

As soon as there's a change, then we bump the version number to match the next
Qt minor release and include in the next release set.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Cloud Engineering