[Development] Stepping down as a maintainer of Qt OPC UA

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Tue Apr 23 16:56:12 CEST 2024

On 23.04.24 16:27, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> Jannis is already approver, so he already has all the privileges as far as source code access is concerned. If we want to start doing background checks (and that’s a worthwhile discussion to have), we’d have to do so when nominating approvers, wouldn’t we?

The libxz issue was that the fake maintainer pressured distros into
packaging his tarball instead of the project's git tree, so I do think
there's a difference between an approver, who's actions are subject to
source version control, and a maintainer, who to some degree represents
the project to the public, too.

And yes, the borders are grey zones here.

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B