[Development] Documentation and Q_GADGET / Q_PROPERTY

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 20:49:51 CET 2024

Hi,

In the sql module I've some classes which do not derive from QObject but
have a lot of setters/getters. For a nicer documentation without
duplicating information I had the idea to convert them to properties.
So I added Q_GADGET and a simple Q_PROPERTY with only a READ and WRITE
property - but this will for sure trigger a clazy warning because there
is no NOTIFY (did not tried it by myself).
Adding a signal for all those is counter-productive as you e.g. don't
want a signal emitted for every property in QSqlField created by a query...

So what's your opinion for this case? I liked the idea to compact the
documentation by using properties but not when I have to add a lot of
additional boilerplate...

See e.g. https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/528482

Cheers,
Christian