[Development] Documentation and Q_GADGET / Q_PROPERTY

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Mon Jan 15 23:04:16 CET 2024

> The one thing where you need NOTIFY or BINDABLE is if you want to expose a class as a type to QML
> AND you want to make its instances usable in bindings; I believe that's where the warning originates
> from. However,  that's not your use-case, so it shouldn't matter.

Value types do not need signals or bindables on their properties, even
when exposed to QML. Since value types can only be held in properties of
object types (possibly via multiple nested value types), there is always
an object property the signal of which is used to notify about changes
in the value type properties.

regards,
Ulf