[Development] Marking the Tech Preview APIs as such

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Jan 22 22:15:59 CET 2024

Il 22/01/24 19:03, Shawn Rutledge via Development ha scritto:

> I guess your goal is to be able to see it in the header rather than
> having to look up the docs in the cpp file or online?  (Alternatively we
> could write all docs in headers, but then the headers get to be large,
> take storage space alongside every installation of Qt binaries, and slow
> down everyone’s compilations, so I guess that’s why we don’t do it that
> way?  Or we could somehow include doc diffs in API review patches for
> whatever API the script has already decided is “interesting".)

As I said, it's not just in order to see the tag in the header when the
code is introduced, but also to see that a TP class is getting out of TP
status because the tags are being removed (= the header is being
touched, and will appear in the header review). If \preliminary is
removed from the docs, it won't be obvious at API review time.

My 2 c,
KDAB - Trusted Software Excellence