[Development] ATTN Maintainers (was: Re: HEADS-UP: Qt 6.8 API change review)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Wed Jun 5 18:50:15 CEST 2024

Because I'm seeing all the same issues over and over again, I've created https://wiki.qt.io/Things_To_Look_Out_For_In_Reviews during the last API Review. I communicated as much in the 6.7 API review thread.

Now it's time to make use of the wiki page:

All maintainers, please confirm that the uploaded diffs conform to https://wiki.qt.io/Things_To_Look_Out_For_In_Reviews, https://wiki.qt.io/API_Design_Principles and https://community.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B in your modules.

I don't want to waste everyone's (incl. my) time by creating dozens of comments about stuff that we identified already in the last API review.

If they don't conform, push the required fixes (feel free to add me as reviewer, if you like) and let the diffs be regenerated until they do. Then set the hashtag:ttlofir on the Gerrit change as confirmation.

IOW: I will _not_ look at a change unless it's listed in https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/prefixtopic:%22api-change-review-6.8%22++hashtag:ttlofir

But, as always, I _will_ look at approved changes and reopen them, if I find something.

Maybe, by Qt 6.9, we will then have diffs that don't have any known issues, and we can concentrate on the unknown ones :)

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io> (he/his)
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B