[Development] Making Q_OBJECT_COMPAT_PROPERTY public

Arno Rehn a.rehn at menlosystems.com
Mon Jun 10 12:48:57 CEST 2024

Hey everyone,

in our codebase, we have a lot of property setters with side-effects.
We'd still like to introduce bindable properties - they're awesome!

However, QObjectBindableProperty/QProperty require trivial setters, so
that doesn't work for us. Qt uses Q_OBJECT_COMPAT_PROPERTY internally
for setters-with-side-effects, but that is private API as of now.

I've found notes from Qt CS 2021 indicating that this could be made
public in the future [0]. Has there been any development in this
direction? If not, is there anything that's blocking this?

Regards,
Arno

[0]: https://wiki.qt.io/QtCS2021_-_Qt_Property_Bindings

--
Arno Rehn
Principal Software Engineer
a.rehn at menlosystems.com
www.menlosystems.com

Menlo Systems GmbH
Bunsenstrasse 5, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany
Amtsgericht München HRB 138145
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Mei, Dr. Ronald Holzwarth
USt.-IdNr. DE217772017, St.-Nr. 14316170324