[Development] Moving QDesktopServices from Gui to Core?

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Mon May 6 10:00:48 CEST 2024

On Mon, 6 May 2024 09:51:56 +0200
Lars Knoll via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> I’m a bit unsure about the windows code, but on Linux
> and macOS it’s simply launching ‘xdg-open’ or ‘open’.

That's not really the truth for Linux: it also does D-Bus calls to
xdg-desktop-portal. While this isn't really a GUI thing by its own, I
imagine calling QtDBus from QtCore is going to be a problem. There's
also portalWindowIdentifier virtual which gets overloaded by xcb and
wayland QPAs so in case xdg-desktop-portal wants to present a dialog
regarding opening the URL, it gets parent window from Qt which allows
the dialog to be modal.