[Development] What to do if tests hang on the CI and I can't reproduce that locally?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 14 20:44:24 CEST 2024

On Tuesday 14 May 2024 09:23:50 GMT-7 Ilya Fedin wrote:
> I fail to imagine how that could be... gtk shouldn't care how Qt gets
> DPI and especially it shouldn't make it hang on XInternAtom (which
> makes X server either to get an integer from its internal string-integer
> map or increment the internal counter and add it to the aforementioned
> map with the supplied string, as far as I understand, no
> client-to-client messaging here).

Think in terms of side-effects. It doesn't care how Qt does it, but the side-
effect of what we are doing could be important, since we're sharing libxcb
internal state, the xcb_connection (I think), and the X11 server itself.

Have you tried running a simple test like tst_qguichronotimer in a loop to see
if it is indeed a race condition?

In any case, if all else fails, declare it an undiagnosed GDK bug and detect
whether our dispatcher is QXcbGlibEventDispatcher. If it is, then don't use
the new feature.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Fleet Engineering and Quality