[Development] Exceptions

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 23 15:36:26 CEST 2024

On Thursday 23 May 2024 09:50:15 GMT-3 Martin Storsjö wrote:
> On Windows (on platforms that use SEH) this is also the case, as SEH
> unwind info is needed for handling various SEH exceptions, that may be
> used even if C++ exceptions aren't.
>
> But on aarch64 darwin, unwind tables don't seem to be enabled by default.

And because of this, it's highly likely you can unwind through Win32 frames in
our stack but cannot through Cocoa frames. So even if we did add unwind info
to QtWidgets, there's a good chance it wouldn't make a difference.

But if someone does check that you can throw through Cocoa frames, then it
would be worth having the unwind info, if nothing else to support the case of
"emergency save in main()".

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Fleet Engineering and Quality