[Interest] Qt 4.8.0 released

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:17:23 CET 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Yves Bailly wrote:

> Le 15/12/2011 15:19, Graham Labdon a écrit :
>> Hello
>>
>> Just tried to build 4.8.0 on Windows 7 64 bit and get the following error when running config
>> –platform win32-g++
>>
>> Perl not found in environment – cannot run syncqt
>>
>> How do I get around this?
>
> Install Perl from e.g. http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads
>
> That's another new little annoyance coming with this (otherwise great) release.
>
> --
>      /- Yves Bailly - Software developper  -\
>      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/
> "The possible is done. The impossible is being done. For miracles,
> thanks to allow a little delay."

What version of VS2008 was used to compile the libraries available for download? Most of us realize that if we don't match EXACTLY the versions of VS then bad things tend to happen with Manifests and such. I don't want that headache. Of course to compile my own I now need to install Perl on my Windows System. Yea.

Mike Jackson