[Interest] SCALE conference in Los Angeles

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Wed Nov 16 00:19:44 CET 2011

On 11/15/2011 03:11 PM, ext Tim Samoff wrote:
> For some reason...
>
>> https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x/presentations/qt-project-and-relevance-open-development
>>

> Access denied
> You are not authorized to access this page.

Ah, might be accessible only to the speaker and organizers. Makes sense.

Here you have:

The Qt Project and the relevance of open development

Brief Description:
Why Qt has moved from a centralized development with open source
licensing to a full open project

Short Abstract:
Qt is a cross-platform application and UI framework used by thousands of
companies for multiple industries and types of devices, from traditional
desktops to mobile and embedded devices. Created by Trolltech in 1992
and acquired by Nokia in 2008, nowadays the Qt Project is run by a
non-profit organization open to all contributors. In the past years the
use of Qt has increased at all levels, and now the open development
setup is allowing the Qt Project to advance wider and faster.
http://qt-project.org is the home of this collaborative effort.

Long Abstract:
In this session we will give an overview of the Qt framework and also of
the Qt community developing and deploying it in multiple products used
by hundreds of millions of people every day. We will give an overview of
the Qt 5 plans and development status. We will also explain the
motivations to move to fully open model where governance, roadmaping and
development is decided by the contributors involved. SCALE 10x comes 3
months after the beginning of the Qt Project as a non-profit
organization, a good time to offer a balance.

Audience:
Everyone

Categories:
General