[Interest] z-order for Qt's signals and slots

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Wed Nov 23 07:45:16 CET 2011

Den 23-11-2011 06:21, Sathishkumar Duraisamy skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> By definition, the order by which the signals and slots is called is
> undefined but for each signals and slots connection, slots will be
> called for its signals.
>
> Why can't we have z-order for signals and slots, taking control for of
> order the slots will be called. For some peculiar situation, that the
> programmer feels it would be best if it is called the slots after
> finishing all other slots. Or is there way to achieve the same?

If you need ordering, call the functions directly. Sometimes I see cases
for this too, but the interface for controlling it would be annoying,
and it's rarely necessary. So my POV is that you should just use a
different way if you need ordered calls.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire