[Interest] Qt creator - Minimum Qt version?

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Nov 23 19:42:24 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 08:55:28PM +0530, Syam Krishnan wrote:
> On 11/23/2011 07:43 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Why? Why can't you just install a very recent Qt and build Creator
> > with that? It doesn't even have to be a global installation...
>
> Well, in my office, we have kind of standardised all our machines on Qt
> 4.5 on RHEL 5. We don't want to migrate to newer versions every now and
> then and have all our software tested again for each library version.
> That's why I was wondering if I can use the most recent version of Qt
> Creator with this setup.

You can have a private installation of the latest SDK with the
latest Creator as normal user and use whatever Qt 4.x version
you use for development with it.

As others said already, it is perfectly fine to have a Qt Creator 2.3.1
or the 2.4 release candidate that was built with Qt 4.7.4 and use a Qt
4.5 for your own project [or Qt 3, or no Qt at all for that matter].

Andre'