[Interest] [Qt-interest] Qt 4.7, windows and openssl

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 20:58:50 CET 2011

Please don't reply in private, keep the discussion on the list.

On 28.11.11 19:52:15, Cédric Pessan wrote:
> If i use QT + any openssl function, it crashes. I don't have to use the
> crypto module to have the bug, if the first line of the main is a
> QApplication declaration and some code elsewhere use openssl, i never reach
> a breakpoint put on the first line of the main function.

Can you post a minimal example demonstrating the problem? I assume you
also built Qt and your Qt app with MinGW?

Is the 'code elsewhere' that uses openssl run during startup, i.e. is it
triggered via a static object creation or something like that or does it
need to be called explicitly?

> I can also say that the code perfectly works on Linux and MacOSX and that i
> have checked both the QT  program and the crypto module with valgrind on
> linux.

In worst case that simply proves that codepaths are different on Linux
and Windows and nothing else (not necessarily in your app, but also in
Qt and openssl).

Andreas