[Interest] [Qt-interest] Fwd: Application crashes on Mac OS X when loading a pixmap

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Tue Nov 29 11:43:19 CET 2011

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the same problem on Mac as I hit a few weeks ago
on Linux at a customer. I also saw some completely weird crashes in png
took a while.

If you have any variable called crc32, you might cause a crash because
png also has a symbol with this name in the library. On some, not all,
of the Linux boxes the linker chose to link the global crc32 from the
customer code to the function pointer in png, so when the png libary
uses the function pointer, it crashes.

If you do have a crc32 symbol in your code, try renaming it.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire