[Interest] memory validator

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Mon Oct 31 13:10:07 CET 2011

On 10/31/11 12:56 PM, "ext Mandeep Sandhu" <mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> When I run Valgrind on an simple application (just a main window) I get
>>the errors shown in the attached file.
>
>I too have seen these "mem leaks" when running a simple app (just a
>main window) and my app. Since Valgrind showed the same amount of leak
>for both apps, I concluded this must be some false info reported by
>Valgrind and ignored it.

It's usually data that's allocated once on startup and then not freed on
exit. In any case, you might have noticed that most of the stuff reported
in the attached file doesn't come from Qt, but rather from glib, gdk,
pango and other libs.

We're testing Qt on a regular basis with valgrind and try to fix the
errors and leaks that originate from Qt. Errors in dependent libs are not
really something we can do a lot about (apart from reporting them).

Cheers,
Lars