[Interest] Very old wait cursor on Mac OSX

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Mon Apr 2 09:50:29 CEST 2012

Hi Everybody,

Using Qt 4.8.1 commercial, on Mac OSX 10.7.3.

I'm setting the wait cursor during long running database operations using

	QApplication::setOverrideCursor( QCursor(Qt::WaitCursor) )

On Windows 7, it shows the correct spinning blue circle.  On OSX, it shows
the a cursor with four quadrants - 2 white and 2 black, which is very old,
and not anti-aliased, so it looks really ugly.  I expect to see the spinning
rainbow cursor, or possibly the circle of short lines that appears when
logging in.

Note:  We also use the Firebird database client via QSqlIbase driver, which
shows the old wristwatch cursor - though I suspect that is the Firebird code
itself.

Hopefully, someone can advise a Mac specific call that will workaround the
problem, eg, to load the spinning rainbow cursor, so we don't have to build
Qt ourselves.

Thanks!

Tony.