[Interest] window alway on top

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:42:48 CEST 2012

Am 03.04.2012 um 02:08 schrieb Tibo W <tibo_wcc at yahoo.com>:

> Hi guys,
>
> thanks a lot for your help !
>
> I forgot to mention one thing: on Ubuntu 10.04 X11 x86 running with gnome and matacity, it's working.

Yes, what I said: More like guidelines for the actual window manager... ;)

> I also had to change the focus policy so I can still click on the background (main app) window.

That sounds wrong to me: how exactly did you change the focus policy, and of what widget?

What you really want is setting the *modality* of your QDialog to non-modal. Look it up in the Qt docs:

  http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/QDialog.html

Hint: it's the first property described.

Cheers, Oliver