[Interest] post event between threads

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Tue Apr 3 09:19:41 CEST 2012

On 04/03/2012 05:07 PM, ext Riccardo Roasio wrote:
> I cannot use signal/slot because is blocking and i need to continue
> reading from serial port while message is processing...

If you emit a signal and the receiver lives on the current thread and
the connect() call did not use Qt::QueuedConnection, then it is
"blocking". If you use Qt::DirectConnection or
Qt::BlockingQueuedConnection then it is always "blocking".

But if the receiver lives on another thread or if you specified
Qt::QueuedConnection then the signal puts an object on the event loop
and returns immediately.

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/