[Interest] more problems with virtual frame buffer

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Apr 3 15:35:14 CEST 2012

On 04/03/2012 03:16 PM, Duane wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 09:09 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> On terça-feira, 3 de abril de 2012 08.35.25, Duane wrote:
>>> I've built a desktop version of 4.8.1 open source and I'm trying to make
>>> the qvfb binary.  I get a series of errors involving png_*  like
>>> png_structp does not name a type.
>>>
>>> I have png support built.  I have libpng installed.  I've seen a few
>>> posts on the web with this same issue but no solution.  I'm using Fedora
>>> 16.  My colleague using the latest Ubuntu doesn't have this issue.  What
>>> am I missing?
>> What is the exact error?
> There are 57 or so.
>
> 'png_structp' does not name a type
> 'png_infop'  does not name a type
> 'png_structp' has not been declared
> 'png_bytep' has not been declared
> 'png_size_t' has not been declared

What is the first error?   That is typically the interesting one.

Looks like either some include is not picked up, or some define is
missing, or variation of those. /usr/include/png.h should define it.

In general you can corner missing defines by adding '-E' to gcc flags to
just run the preprocessor. Direct the output to file and be amazed at
how much stuff the compiler has to go through, and where the symbols
come from.  grep mymissingsymbol /usr/include/* to see where it should
come from.

Just my 2 cents,

Harri