[Interest] Qt Creator 2.4.1 Designer plugin

Andrei Alvares logytech at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:08:24 CEST 2012

Hi Philippe,

  Thanks for your response. I'm working with Hugo and we found another
solution for our problem. I must confess that we didn't tested yours.

  We have built some custom widgets for Qt Designer (within Qt
Creator) to be easily accessed by the Designer widgets palette, but Qt
Creator 2.4.1 wasn't displaying them anymore. We were trying to load
our library from the
"$QT_CREATOR/lib/qcreator/plugins/YOUR_COMPANY_NAME/", but this path
uses Qt Creators Plugin Manager. Our plugin is not for Qt Creator but
for Qt Designer. All we needed is put the our library somewhere Qt
Designer Plugin Manager is able to find. We found that there are two
places where Qt Designer looks for plugins:

  1) The users home path (~/.designer/plugins);
  2) Qtcreator bin directory ($QT_CREATOR/bin/designer).

  Both places suited our purposes.
  Hope it helps,
    Andrei