[Interest] #define in qml

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Sat Apr 7 19:43:31 CEST 2012

On 20-Feb-12 08:53, Thiago Macieira wrote:
 > If you import Qt Quick 1.1, it will be the same version of 1.1 with
the same
 > behaviour issues. If you don't change the import statement, the
behaviour will
 > not change, even if Qt is upgraded.

That's not entirely true. The Qt upgrade might imply a forced QtQuick
(or some related module) version upgrade, which will break your code
with a "if something is not explicitly defined, treat as broken"
attitude. I would argue "does not work any more" does constitute as a
change in behaviour. The approach IMH(and personal)O is wrong, as it's
actually tying code to *VERSIONS* and not *API*s. The insult-to-injury
there is that the versions mentioned are actually ID strings and contain
no semantics or relations (like major version backwards compatibility, etc).

Best regards,
Attila Csipa