[Interest] Node-Qt: Qt bindings for Node.js (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Artur Adib aadib at mozilla.com
Mon Apr 9 14:36:09 CEST 2012

Greetings everyone,

I am a Node.js *and* Qt fan, so I thought I'd combine both worlds and bring some graphics/audio capabilities to Node.js via Qt:

https://github.com/arturadib/node-qt

I've worked hard to make the installation/build work out-of-the-box across platforms (via a simple `npm install` command), and focused mostly on low-level bindings to graphics -- other bindings are welcome though! :)

I am also building a JavaScript layer on top of Node-Qt, which I'm calling Node-Five. It's basically a translation of Qt's low-level APIs into HTML5-like primitives (e.g. QPainter into Canvas). There are more demos in this project than in Node-Qt per se:

https://github.com/arturadib/node-five

Curious to hear the feedback from the community, and happy to help/collaborate.

Thanks everyone!

--
Artur Adib, Mozilla Labs
http://twitter.com/arturadib