[Interest] QtArg

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Tue Apr 10 22:59:15 CEST 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:44:54 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com>
wrote:
> So goodbye to self-contained executables?  That doesn't sound like a
> good idea :-/  Being able to ship a single *.exe is quite a nice thing
> to have.
"Self-contained" is not the same as static linking! Actually, I build
binaries that ship with the DLLs or .so's. No problem with that!

>> Ubuntu is not the only Linux distribution. The other, major GNOME
>> distribution
>> is Fedora. Unlike Ubuntu, it has made no such decision to include Qt.
>
> Ubuntu is the most popular one though.
It's the most popular distribution for new-comers perhaps, and although I
also like it, I don't use it primarily, and I know MANY others that don't
use it (primarily) as well. Also, even if it were true, there's also
"Kubuntu" :).

But I still agree with most here: Qt should stay *completely* independent
from KDE. It's the other way round, BTW (KDE is based on Qt, and not vice
versa).

Cheers, René