[Interest] my comparison with company reports

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 14:56:24 CEST 2012

Mark, I know you mean well, but Qt has the best documentation in the industry.
I think your complaints come from your own short comings as a developer, as Qt docs are written with developers for developers. So the question is audience. I think it's good that you're versatile, but you're clearly not yet in the audience for which the documentation is intended. What you propose is actually impossible, because the intersection of all possible audiences is too large. The resulting documentation for n00bs would be too verbose for actual developers.

So from a company report perspective, how about you write a resort on how the documentation must be changed to conform to your standards, including labor and cost estimates, then compare it to the labor and cost involved to align you to the documentation's audience. I think I know how that evaluation will turn out.

I hope that helps put things in perspective.

But if you have specific criticisms or ideas on how to improve it, we would hear them.