[Interest] thanks for extra reading suggestions - sorry to insult technical writers

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Fri Apr 13 13:29:33 CEST 2012

Oliver:

  One thing worth noting is that while some folks on this
  list are defending how hard it is to program, Apple may
  now be attempting to make it much easier for non-programmers
  to develop iOS apps.

  http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/04/12/apple_wants_to_make_it_easy_for_non_programmers_to_build_ios_apps.html

    Apple wants to make it easy for non-programmers to build iOS apps

    By Neil Hughes
    Published: 09:00 AM EST (06:00 AM PST)

    A new digital content authoring tool from Apple could make
    it simple for people without a background in programming to
    build their own iOS applications for the iPhone and iPad.

    Apple's interest in making iOS development simpler than ever
    was revealed in a new patent application published this week
    and discovered by AppleInsider. Entitled "Content Configuration
    for Device Platforms," it describes a new authoring tool that
    would allow users to create content without needing to
    understand or access computer code.

    The application notes that computer programming languages are
    a "hinderance to content creation," as many content creators
    and designers simply lack the skill and knowledge to work on
    the technical side of computer programming.

    This problem can be addressed with "WYSIWYG" software using
    a graphical user interface to build software, such as a
    webpage development tool. But Apple notes that while these
    tools can assist in the creation of content, they have
    limited capabilities and often require users to make
    hands-on edits to code like CSS.

    (more)

  So maybe if we're arguing that programming is tough, ought
  to remain tough, and everyone else (besides we professional
  programmer) should keep OUT!, maybe we're fighting the
  wrong war?

                           Atlant