[Interest] Contributor agreement rundown

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:55:19 CEST 2012

I went to register for a Gerrit account.  There I saw that I must agree
to a "contributor agreement".  It's very legalese, so I'm not sure if it
means what I think it means: Nokia can transform open source code I
contribute into non-open code?

"Licensor hereby grants, in exchange for good and valuable
consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby
acknowledged, to Nokia a sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual,
worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid-up copyright and
trade secret license to reproduce, adapt, translate, modify, and prepare
derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense,
make available and distribute Licensor Contribution(s) and any
derivative works thereof under license terms of Nokia’s choosing
including any Open Source Software license."

The beef is the phrase "under license terms of Nokia’s choosing", which
can be an open license, but is not required to.

Did I understand that correctly?