[Interest] Contributor agreement rundown

Jeremy KATZ jeremy.katz at nokia.com
Wed Apr 18 13:34:02 CEST 2012

On 04/18/2012 11:01 AM, ext Bo Thorsen wrote:
> Den 18-04-2012 10:33, John Layt skrev:
>> It is a trade-off, but not entirely one-way.  They get to sell your code, but
>> the money raised goes towards supporting Qt.
> Actually, I see this more as a "yes, you can buy commercial support".

It allows the commercial licensing (ie how the software may be used and
distributed).

Support (ie how a developer may seek and receive assistance) is an
entirely separate matter which is not affected by the contributor
agreement or any of the allowed licenses.

Jeremy

PS: Please see Donald's message earlier in the thread for my qualifications