[Interest] Qt5 & Phonon?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 16:40:22 CEST 2012

On 18.04.12 16:16:47, R. Reucher wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2012 16:03:32 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 18.04.12 14:27:30, R. Reucher wrote:
> > As far as I can see there is no phonon shipping with Qt5, seems it was
> > dropped. I guess configure was just not updated yet to reflect that. No
> > idea wether the phonon project already has a Qt5 port available.
> Well, it built and installed cleanly! Even headers and such... so I see no
> reason *not* to allow "QT += phonon". Even the docs state that it still exists
> in Qt 5: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/phonon.html

My statement was based on the Qt5 alpha package for Linux, that one has
no phonon sources anywhere to be seen so nothing could've been built.
Maybe in git its already been re-added. If qmake doesn't understand its
there I'd suggest to check the mkspecs/ directory, thats apparently
where the magic for QT+= happens (in features/ or modules/) and maybe
report a bug that its not usable out of the box.

> There's this "Is KDE required to make my apps work?" question again...

I don't see what KDE has to do with this, Phonon is a Qt-based project
thats independent of KDE, it just happens to be hosted on kde.org
infrastructure.

Andreas