[Interest] QWizard's next/finish button - responding to user input

Carl Schumann schumann at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 18 18:08:24 CEST 2012

Qt community,

I am subclassing QWizard to configure an application's capabilities.
The first QWizardPage asks the user a question.  The sequence and
quantity of the subsequent pages depends on this answer.    In one case
there are no further configuration details to specify.   In this the
simplest case the next/finish button should be labeled finish and end
the sequence.   In the other cases there are more configuration details
to specify and the next/finish button should be labeled next and lead to
further user interaction.   I am implementing nextId() to attempt this
conditional flow.

What I find is that the next/finish button and the sequence is
appropriate for the initial programmaticly set default value of the
input but does not adapt to user input.   How do I make the wizard's
sequence respond to user input please?  E.g., Is it possible to inform
Qt in some way that any results it might have gotten previously from
nextId() should be discarded and nextId() called for a new updated
value.   Thanks for any insight please.

Sincerely,
Carl