[Interest] Standard QKeySequence for "Fullscreen" (was: Contributor agreement rundown)

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 01:46:06 CEST 2012

On 20/04/12 12:33, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as a follow-up from "Contributor agreement rundown":
>
> According to
>
>    http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qkeysequence.html#standard-shortcuts
>
> a standard key sequence for "Fullscreen" is still missing.
>
>    Apple says "Control+Command+F":
>    http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/applehiguidelines/KeyboardShortcuts/KeyboardShortcuts.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002725-SW2
>
>    Microsoft says "F11 or Alt+Enter":
>    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb545461.aspx
>
>    KDE says "F11 or Ctrl+Shift+F":
>    http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Keyboard_Shortcuts
>
>    Gnome says "Ctrl+F11":
>    http://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/3.0/input-keyboard.html.en#standard-shortcuts
>

> I don't know whether this is already taken care of, but - where
> applicable - the standard keys should also consider user settings
> which might have changed these standard keys

This is not changeable.  Like most HIGs, the shortcuts are a
recommendation in all platforms.  You are not *required* to use it, but
if you do, it's best to use those.

For example, for copying and pasting, it's recommended that applications
use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.  This cannot be configured, because it's not
handled centrally to begin with.  It's just a recommendation.