[Interest] Standard QKeySequence for "Fullscreen"

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:16:13 CEST 2012

On 21/04/12 12:56, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
> Am 21.04.12 01:46, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
>> On 20/04/12 12:33, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>>> I don't know whether this is already taken care of, but - where
>>> applicable - the standard keys should also consider user settings
>>> which might have changed these standard keys
>>
>> This is not changeable.  Like most HIGs, the shortcuts are a
>> recommendation in all platforms.  You are not *required* to use it, but
>> if you do, it's best to use those.
>
> Last time I checked under KDE (the one coming with Kubuntu 10.10 - was
> that 4.5?) - and that is a minute ago ;) - there /is/ a user settings
> panel, in my german localised version it sais
>
>     Systemeinstellungen
>       ->  Kurzbefehle und Gestensteuerung
>          ->  Standardkurzbefehle
>
> ("Standard shortcuts").
>
> And you /can/ change the shortcut to Copy (normally CTRL + C), Paste,
> Print, New, Next Page, ... etc.

It's the first time I see this.  I assumed the shortcut changes were
application specific (like for KWin to switch to fullscreen instead of
the application.)

I assume KDE does not provide a way for applications to query those
settings, so I guess all we can do is follow their HIG.  Unless someone
knows how to query those settings.