[Interest] Standard QKeySequence for "Fullscreen"

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 21 21:16:50 CEST 2012

On 21.04.12 11:23:19, Rick Stockton wrote:
> On 04/21/2012 05:53 AM, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>
> > .... As a proof of concept, a naive "user settings aware" Qt implementation could be
> >
> > - When initialising QApplication and
> > - When we detect running on KDE
> > - Dynamically link to "KDE Core" library (if not already done so anyway)
> > - For each standard QKeySequence:
> >    * Instantiate the corresponding KAction via KStandardAction
> >    * Get the shortcut (QKeySequence) set for the KAction and initialise the standard QKeySequence in Qt with it
> >

> > Off course instantiating n objects just for getting a shortcut is totally nonsense, let alone that linking against a library (KDE Core) which on its turn depends on Qt itself is not such a brilliant idea...
> >
> > Heck, but via clever plugin mechanisms Qt also manages to call the standard KDE file dialog today, so I'm pretty sure there is a way to query the KDE shortcut settings, too, in some way :)
>
> I wouldn't want to do this, even as a 'POC'. Linking Qt's keyboard
> shortcuts to KDE would be a fundamental error WRT the layered design and
> dependencies standards of both Projects. (Keyboard input is pretty
> fundamental.)

Actually adjusting the standard shortcuts in Qt to the KDE settings of
the users DE is the correct thing and really wanted. I wouldn't want to
have to learn two sets of shortcuts for basic tasks such as
Copy/Cut/Paste etc. Its good if Qt can override shortcuts for QTextEdit,
QLineEdit and Co automatically to the platform it runs on.

Andreas