[Interest] Qt for Android & iOS

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer_Wiesenfarth at Trimble.com
Mon Apr 23 15:59:08 CEST 2012

From: Lucas.Betschart at crypto.ch
> Quoted from digia.com (digia.com/en/Qt/Digia-is-Committed-to-Qt/):
>
>   Digia is comitted to:
>   - Advancing the cross-platform Qt promise by supporting
>     leading ( !! ) desktop and embedded platforms
>
> So we doubtless can expect an official Android and iOS port since
> they're leading embedded platforms?

Hmm, google has 26.3 million hits for "windows phone leading platform
embedded", but only 18.3 million for "android leading platform embedded" and
6.3 million for "iOS leading platform embedded"...

Apart from that, the term "leading platform" seems to be used by any
platform, so "supporting leading platforms" only means that they will
support more than one. :-)

SCNR

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Tel.: +49 (0)711 22 88-10  *  Fax: +49 (0)711 22 88-111
Web: http://www.trimble.com/geospatial/  *  http://www.inpho.de/