[Interest] Building 32-bit Qt 5 on Mac

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon Apr 23 22:19:56 CEST 2012

On 4/23/2012 1:19 PM, Stephen Chu wrote:
> Will 32-bit build be supported in Qt 5? Or we Mac guys will all have to
> force our users to 64-bit land?

I don't know how far back you need to support, but we dropped support
for 32 bit Mac last year. Pretty much every Mac built in the last 5
years has bee on a 64 bit architecture, and Leopard up has been fully 64
bit. We make imaging products and nobody has ever complained about lack
of 32 bit. Pretty much everyone in the industry is running Snow Leopard
or Lion these days.