[Interest] Building 32-bit Qt 5 on Mac

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 23 23:45:40 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2012 17.19.56, Michael Jackson wrote:
> Gack. I got Qt 4.8 and Qt 5 confused in my last post. As you say, Qt 4.8
> should build in 32 bit mode without a problem. I think Tier 2 support means
> best try but not officially supported. So I would say that if compiling Qt
> 5 in 32 bit mode actually works great. If it does not then qt-project is
> not going to put time into fixing it.

You're inverting cause and consequence there.

The "Tier" level is attributed based on how much work there is on testing. Not
the other way around.

So Mac OS X 10.6 is Tier 2 because it has not enough testing: most developers
and most test runs are run on 10.7 only.

Though, looking at the CI runs right now, it does test 10.6. Therefore, I
actually think it deserves the Tier 1 label.