[Interest] QTextEdit performance

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 18:19:48 CEST 2012

It's not really a simple task.

Everytime you add text, it has to be relayout. That takes a considerable amount of time.

The simplifying observation you could make is that these lines are always appended at postion 0 of the line. Meaning a relayout is not necessary. A List view might be better.
Then the issue is you might want the list view to wrap, rather than show horizontal scrollbars. Or maybe not.