[Interest] Where to catch exception when a qml plugin is loaded? Even possible?

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Thu Apr 26 00:33:43 CEST 2012

Hi Guido,

First of all, you should almost always avoid throwing anything from a
constructor. Scott Meyers has an item in More Effective C++ about why
it's a bad idea.

Second, you can *never* do it in that case. The only place you can put
that catch is just before the return in main. It will screw up everything.

Don't do it.

Bo.

Den 25-04-2012 21:19, wargand at gmx.de skrev:
> I have a QDeclarativeExtensionPlugin, which registers a class ImageModel
> to be used as model in QML. Works fine (see snippet below).
>
> Now I am wondering, ist is possible to throw an exception in the
> ImageModel's contructor? Ok, it is possible, but is it possible to catch
> it? Where is ImageModel actually instantiated and do I have a chance to
> wrap my try/catch around it?
>
> Guido
>

> void ImagePlugin::registerTypes(const char *uri)
> {
>     qmlRegisterType<ImageModel>(uri, 1, 0, "ImageModel");
> }
>
> Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN2(imageplugin, ImagePlugin)

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire