[Interest] Classes removed from the transition from QtMobility to QtLocation

alex.blasche at nokia.com alex.blasche at nokia.com
Fri Apr 27 04:49:22 CEST 2012

Hi Alexandre,

Unfortunately you are right. There was/is simply not enough time to finish the work before 5.0 alpha locked in.

>Could you give me some information of why they were removed? I searched
>the git logs under qtlocation after a fresh qt5 clone from codereview.qt-
>project.org but found nothing (I ran ./init-repository to get the qtlocation
>module).

The QtLocation maps stack had to be completely rewritten as the old stack was purely based on GraphicsView. The new one uses Qt3D, Scenegraph and Declarative. This by itself was a big job for us. Unfortunately some parts were too big and we had to make some cuts early on. We decided to focus on the QML API which means that the C++ API is lacking behind at this stage. This is on the Todo list for subsequent Qt releases.

--
Alex