[Interest] Issue updating from kubuntu 10.04 to kubuntu 12.04 (pangolin)

jaume dominguez faus jaume at land.aau.dk
Mon Apr 30 20:11:57 CEST 2012

Hi list.

Before yesterday I was a very happy programmer with my Qt Creator (I
think it was version 1.4 but not sure) and the normal Qt tool chain. But
yesterday, I upgraded my Kubuntu box from Lucid Linx (10.04) to Precise
Pangolin (12.04) and now my project is not building anymore.

The first thing the "new" QtCreator (version 2.4.1) complains about is a
dialog with title "Error creating MeeGo templates" and the text "Unable
to create Debian templates: No Qt version set". If I continue (click
"Ok") and launch the build I get this error

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.6/bits/stl_algo.h:62:0,

from /usr/include/c++/4.6/algorithm:63,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h:68,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qnamespace.h:45,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobjectdefs.h:45,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:47,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qcoreapplication.h:45,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qapplication.h:45,

from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QApplication:1,

from QScaffy.h:5, <- my file

I don't dare to blame the gcc's stl library. But the truth is that the
code has not changed and the error comes from a standard header file
that is indirectly included when including QApplication. At this point,
I can't really explain what happens besides some sort of #define that is
not set or something like that. Did anybody experence this too?

What happened?

By the way, new KDE version has fixed a lot of problems :-)

Thanks in advance.