[Interest] Well there goes Nokia

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:37:24 CEST 2012

2012/8/1 Jason H <scorp1us at yahoo.com>:
> Slashdot is reporting that on the Qt Devel list that Nokia is shutting down
> Aussie operations.

Meanwhile on the Internet:

"Headline: “Nokia sells Qt / offloads Qt / sells majority of Qt” -
False. [...] Nokia will continue to invest in the development of Qt,
continues to hold the copyright and will continue to publish Qt under
an open source license benefitting the whole community."

[by Sebastian Nystrom on March 14, 2011,
http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/03/14/qt-and-digia-facts-and-fiction/]

<zynism>Har har. How time flies...</zynism>

On a more serious side: my best wishes down to Australia, I'm so
sorry, and to all other Nokia/Qt employees! I hope you'll find a good
challenge in the future, and even more so that you'd stay connected
with Qt development, as we'd love to stay connected as users of one of
the best toolkit out there!

Cheers,
  Oliver